Monday, May 12, 2008

this is how it is going to look...

I had my interview at the hospital today with Dr. Velasquez. While we met we talked about my schedule, what my interests were, and then he showed me around the hospital. I am excited about being given an opportunity to volunteer at this hospital! Dr. Velasquez shared with me that they have a nursing school at the hospital, the girls that are in training stay there on campus and they are there for 3 years. They are not as qualified as nurses in the states.. this being true, the Dr. wants me to teach them what I know! All I could say was WHOA and WOW! 2 days a week I will be working with the mobil medical clinic that goes into the villages to care for the people who cannot pay for medical treatment. The other 2 days I will work in the hospital, hopefully getting to see some births! I unpacked today and got some rest before I start work tomorrow at the hospital. I was very thankful for a relaxed day!

Please pray that my nerves will settle down before tomorrow! I am nervous about starting work at a new place, speaking the language, and about all of the new people! I know it will be good but it is just hard to be going at this alone. I am praying for relationships to be formed as I work alongside many Hondurans and a few Americans in the hospital. Pray that the Lord will use me in whatever way He sees fit!

Spanish word of the day:
RELAJANDO--> relaxing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA & WOW is an understatement!!! the Lord is Amazing! What an incredible opportunity to Teach & learn! You my friend are going to be amazing in this position! I wish I could see you in action! I'm praying for bonding of relationships, fluency of language, calmed nerves, your nurse's heart, and more! Have an unforgetable first day and I can't wait to hear how it goes! Te amo mi moi! ;)

Leslie Young said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm praying for your brain and your heart -- sounds like you'll need both -- and a healthy dose of grace! Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow jess! what an adventure!! you are going to do an amazing job i am fully confident!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, Jess. When you travel to provide medical care, how far away will you be going? Different areas? Just wondering... You are going to do an AWESOME job... a sweet, beautiful, and Godly nurse is one EVERYONE needs, and I'm sure those sweet people are going to LOVE meeting you. I can't wait to hear how things are going. I love youuuuu!!