Tuesday, May 23, 2006

this morning we had an early start. we were at the medical clinic by 8 am and i got a chance to meet the doctor that i will be working with. he speaks some english so that is good! the Lord definatly tore down the language barrier in that aspect of my life, praise Him! i am really excited about working in the clinic, i should start next monday.
after that we came back and got ready for some friends to come over. Marlon and his wife are staying the night with us, it has been good getting to visit with them. me and marlon reminissed about our hike last summer, that was interesting and humerous.
i feel like i am learning more and more spanish every day. being around a 16 month old helps because they speak in small terms when they talk to her, but i really feel as though im getting it.
thank you for all of your prayers! especially those who are praying for my speedy understanding and fluency in the language! i am seeing the power of prayer at work in my life!

1 comment:

Uncle Keith said...

Jessica,

I'm really enjoying being able to keep up with you and what Jesus is doing in you, to you and through you while you are in Honduras. I'm praying for you and I know that there are angels encamped round about you. I'll be sharing in some of your experiences in a couple of weeks. I'll be in Mexico June 3-10. Gotta go for now, but I'll check in later.

Keith W.